Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"TEACH WHERE IS MANIPUR IN INDIA "

This is not the first to me and to you that when we went out of our state and everyone asked where we are from looking after our mongoloid round face different from these Dravidians and Aryans. And when we replied that “from Manipur”, most of the peoples even educated with white color job are not sure about the exact position of our state. Thus very recently one of a nice fellow (NRI) in Toronto comments in the article of the English daily” The times of India” regarding Mary Kom and L.Sarita Devi who won two gold medals in Asian Boxing Championship, that “who are these short height mongoloids,whether they are nepali or Tibetans or refugees to India? Where is this Manipur ? So I awkwardly replied not only to him but to every Indian who cleared their high school Exam that, didn’t they never gone through Indian Map before or ever? See Manipur is not a district it is state of India.

We know that the reasons are many as the History of Manipur is not there in Indian History, our production doesn’t count in the Indian Geographical production, our tourism is not in Indian Map, and we have only two MPs in Indian Political Map so and so.

So, here I decided to initiate and we altogether make a campaign by distributing this e-page of Indian Political Map and Manipur Map to all of our friends and let them know where exactly our State is.

1 comment:

  1. Nice very nice approach.Its a good initiative. I am with you. Here I want to share my opinion with you not regarding Manipur only but with regard to all seven sisters in NE Region, and with those Societies which are not in tune with the mainstream of our country.
    See as far as myself and other friends of mine from the various parts of this country are concerned we all are aware of all the states in the North East. But we kept our knowledge restricted upto the various datas useful for the exam purposes.
    The fact that the history of Manipur is not there in Indian History, Production etc not counted at The national level, is true but not too much significant.
    The most important thing is the interaction among the people with other parts of the country, which is lacking becoz of of the disturbences there.
    Today if I know this much of manipur that is becoz of you, Salim. i know Asam becoz of Ijack, Manoj.
    So the most important is the interaction among the people. Before coming to tamilnadu I have a different notion about this state , about the people of this state but nou the whole notion has been changed.
    One day when I visited Kanniyakumari , from the top of the Gandhi Memorial when I turned towards the North, I felt very proud of myself being an Indian. At the moment I felt the greatness of My Country, of its people.
    See what I think is that if some body know about me its ok, but if I am not known to somebody that dose not mean that something is wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete